Eileen Z. Fuentes | My 3-Day Juice Cleanse: Part II
single,single-post,postid-1032,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-6.6,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.4.3,vc_responsive


18 Apr My 3-Day Juice Cleanse: Part II

juicewell juice cleanse www.thespeach.com www.juicewell.com

I wake up Sunday morning and I’ll tell you one thing. I slept good, really good. Day 1 started very positive then quickly spiraled in the other direction but I wake up, almost surprised to still be alive. My limbs feel heavy and my mouth is dry but I’m still here. The story I was telling myself had me questioning my actions for a bit. I remind myself that day 2 means that I am at the halfway point… a great place to be. Here are some notes from my diary:

4/15/12: Day 2 Juice Cleanse

So I’m on the George Washington Bridge and I start to smell something rancid. It was so strong that I hold my nose closed for a while. I then realize Holy ____!, I can smell the Hudson River… what the ____?! I cross this bridge every day and I’ve NEVER smelled the water. I’m still not hungry and definitely over the caffeine. Could it be that it only took a day? I also realize my eyes are a sparkling white. I’m hoping other drivers don’t look in my direction as I check myself out in the mirror and over analyze my senses on steroids. So weird!

During lunch, I go to the park with my classmates, we pull out a blanket and enjoy our lunch smoothie appropriately named “nourish”, made up of Coconut meat and some other good-for-you ingredients. Then we send a virtual toast to my husband (see picture above). I am starting to realize that there is a big difference between “satisfied” and “full”. Upon arriving home, I find my husband hungry and cranky especially when my mom started cooking. We both sit on the couch staring at the television like The Walking Dead zombies we were watching on Netflix. Somehow, we get through the night and again I sleep like a baby.

4/15/12: Day 3 Juice Cleanse

Day 3 is finally here! I jump out of my bed without hitting the snooze button and feel inspired to meditate outdoors. Today it sounds like the birds are chirping right inside my ear. During my meditation, I have the most powerful vision I’ve had in a real long time, I can only say it compared to the day the idea of SPEACH came to me! I am so ready to get my day started.

I start cleaning the house in a fury… might as well use this newfound energy for good. I watch 2 movies while I sort and fold my laundry: Spiritual Liberation and Earthlings with the full intention of working on being more mindful. I pick-up my kids from school and head straight to the park, then sit on the bench to take in the natural Vitamin D on a beautiful sunny day. I head home open up my next juice, only to have my kids drink half of it. It was really that good. Later on that evening, I drank the last bottle, turned to my husband, and gave him a big high-five. WE DID IT!

Be sure to check-in tomorrow for Part III where I will discuss my drastic results in more detail and talk about how I transitioned back to food you chew!

Eileen Z. Fuentes

After a breast cancer diagnosis in 2008, Eileen became her own Self-Healthcare Activist. She is an Integrative Cancer Coach and works full-time helping patients do more than just survive at Columbia University’s Cancer Center in New York City.

  • Rena
    Posted at 11:20h, 18 April Reply


  • Carolina
    Posted at 12:03h, 18 April Reply

    Yes, tell me how you transitioned! I’ve fasted before and am always curious to see how others do the transition. That’s the HARDEST part for me! LOL! Love this Eileen!

    • Eileen
      Posted at 14:24h, 18 April Reply

      I most certainly will… stay tuned!

Post A Comment