30 Jun Spice-Infused Chocolate Almond Butter Goji Berrie Cups
While I haven’t talked about it on the blog, I have been leading a weekly wellness program at Columbia University Medical Center since the beginning of the year. As I’ve mentioned, I LOVE teaching the class but it takes up a lot of my time. Keep in mind that I still work part-time, all while caring for my three young daughters. It is the reason why I have very little time for anything else. For our potluck-themed farewell party, I also needed to bring a dish myself. Since it was our final class, I also needed to summarize everything I’ve taught my group so far. Needless to say, I had a lot on my plate. Given my limited time, I needed to bring something that could be prepared quickly and that wasn’t entirely healthy. I know this must sound crazy coming from me but after spending so much talking about health-supportive food, I also wanted to let the group know that we need to be flexible as we go out into the world and incorporate all we’ve learned. Flexibility is vital for this unpredictable world we live in, even when it comes to food. Yeah, I said it…
In this recipe, you will see I used both milk chocolate and dark chocolate. You can easily omit the milk chocolate and use only dark chocolate made with 70-85% cocoa, which is loaded with antioxidants. Whatever option you choose, I hope you enjoy it. This no bake sweet treat is infused with healing spices, raw almond butter and goji berries. These powerful berries have been associated with many health benefits including an improved sense of well-being, better sleep, digestion, and may even reduce the amount of damage done by ultraviolet radiation. This, my friends, is chocolate you can get down with!!!
Now that this season of my beloved program is over, I look forward to making myself much more visible. Get ready… lots of changes are on the way and I am getting WAY out of my comfort zone. 😉
For more yummy recipes, go to: “Keepin it Real” Recipes
- 1½ cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 4 ounces goji berries
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (70-85% cocoa)
- 3 ounces milk chocolate
- ½ cup raw almond butter
- ½ teaspoon garam masala spice
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Line a sheet pan with mini muffin or cupcake liners.
- Chop chocolate into small even chunks.
- Place chocolate chunks in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, once the outer edges begin to melt. Keep stirring until chocolate becomes smooth.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a bowl and then add all the remaining ingredients (almond butter, puffed brown rice cereal, goji berries, garam masala, turmeric) and gently mix together until thoroughly blended.
- Using a spoon, pour mixture into the muffin/cupcake liners ensuring all ingredients make their inside each of the cups.
- Place sheet pan inside the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and serve.
- * Store leftovers in the refrigerator but be sure to remove them about 30 minutes before serving for desired consistency.